FAM: Foster & Adoption
The Foster Adoption Ministry will be starting up again!
We are meeting Sunday, May 2nd from 4:00pm to 5:00pm in room 100. There will be a place for your kids! Please join us.
For more information, please contact Sharon Palmer at email@example.com.
Show Hope’s Hope for the Journey Conference is designed to equip and encourage parents and caregivers meeting the needs of children impacted by adoption and/or foster care. Bringing together teaching, resources, and practical experiences, parents and caregivers (and the churches and organizations seeking to serve these children and families) will gain a deeper understanding of these children’s needs.
• To help understand the specific needs of the whole child; the principles of Connecting, Empowering, Correcting; and practical steps that can help children thrive.
• To provide an in-depth look at the impact of trauma on children, including effects on brain development, neurochemistry, sensory processing, attachment behaviors, and the ability to self-regulate.
• To encourage parents to consider their own histories, attachment styles, and what role they may play in their child’s process of developing a secure attachment.
• To provide a summary of attachment and key attachment research, focusing on the role of attachment as the foundation of the parent/child relationship. This conference will also focus on helping parents/caregivers understand how to rebuild and repair ruptured attachments for children who have experienced early trauma.
• To present an overview of how sensory processing and neurochemistry are affected in children who have experienced early trauma.
• To offer insights, strategies, and tools that are helpful for parents/caregivers in achieving effective behavioral change while promoting lasting connection and healing with their children.
• To help parents and caregivers see their children with eyes of compassion and to offer
Cost: $10 per family unit, Lunch is provided
Childcare is available upon request for 1-year-old and up -
Training Certificates available.
Space is limited to 60 family units